Rocky boots are among the most popular footwear, a factor that is attributable to their unique features. These military boots are made for tactical purposes, which mean that you can buy a pair if you are looking to engage in tough outdoor activities like hunting and fishing. What’s more, you can use the best Rocky boots if you work in places with slippery floors or an oily ground.
You will find a wide variety of rocky boots both for men and for women in the market. You, therefore, will have to settle on the best boot according to your needs. For instance, if you will be lifting heavy stuff, you will need Rocky boots with a steel toe or composite toe to protect your feet.
When buying Rocky boots, you will need to consider factors such as the boots’ design, waterproof status, insulation, and comfort features.
We have reviewed the top 10 best Rocky boots while taking into account the user reviews, ratings, and unique features that each has to offer. Read on to learn how you spot a Rocky boot that is a true fit and perfect for your tough job. You can get Rocky work boots, Rocky military boots, Rocky hunting boots, or Rocky mountain boots depending on your needs.
You will also get to learn more about different Rocky boot types and understand why you need a pair in your closet.
Best Rocky Boots Mini-Reviews
Are you planning a hiking expedition in the country but aren’t sure which Rocky military boots to get? If you are, you can never go wrong with a pair of Rocky side zipper jump boots.
To begin with, these Rocky hunting boots have a rubber lug outsole that is abrasion and slip resistant. They also come with a non-metallic stabilizer.
Their fully contoured EVA insole provides adequate support and comfort. The shaft measures approximately 10″ from the arch, thus ensuring that the boots are super tight around the ankles and capable of providing enough arch support. They further have a side zipper to ensure you can put them on and off with ease.
- The boots are super comfortable and supportive.
- They are made of full-grain water-resistant leather, which is highly durable.
- The boots are a convenient choice for hiking or hunting.
- The zipper is improperly designed, which means that it may not open up far enough for easy removal of the boot.
These eight-inch Rocky Core Waterproof Insulated Outdoor boots are exactly what you need if you want to hike or hunt on wet grounds. You can wear them comfortably during winter since they are made with 800 grams of 3M Thinsulate Ultra Insulation. If the grounds are snowy, you can rely on the treads on the outsole to provide you with enough grip of the terrain.
Its EVA footbed provides adequate wearing comfort and convenience since it is removable. The shaft of these boots measures approximately mid-calf from arch, which makes it supportive.
- These rocky military boots are made from full-grain leather and 900-denier nylon for durability.
- The padded collar and tongue make the boots super comfy.
- Some users feel that these boots are too heavy.
- The fit may be terrible since they are not true to size.
If you often hike under tough conditions and want the best Rocky military boots, the Coyote Brown military boots could be your best bet. The boots are uniform-compliant and are made of a leather that is flash-resistant and water-resistant. The 1,000-denier CORDURA nylon construction material also makes the combat boots long lasting. This is complemented by the triple-stitched army construction that minimizes wear and tear.
The Roll-Stop Ankle Stability provides enough ankle support. What’s more, these boots have a stretch LYCRA that provides a secure fit.
- The boots feature PTFE-coating to enhance flame resistance.
- They have drainage vents thanks to the advanced S2V Sieve technology for air circulation.
- The Dri-Lex lining wicks away moisture.
- The Rocky Air-Port footbed offers foot cushioning and is perforated for air circulation.
- They may be a little too firm for your feet, especially when wearing for the first time.
You might want to check out these hardwearing Rocky AlphaForce black boots that feature a black full-grain leather and 1000-denier nylon fabric. Besides the strong fabric used, these boots are also lightweight enough to allow you to tackle the toughest job. They are also waterproof so your feet will remain dry under harsh conditions.
The Air-Port footbed is constructed from polyurethane, which is able to absorb all the shock and stay in shape. This provides support to the heel as well as metatarsal ridge for comfortable wearing.
It comes with non-marking RigiTrac outsoles that make them slip resistance. The side zipper will also help you to get into and out of the boot easily.
- The heavy-duty fabric used makes the boots long lasting.
- The footbed is perforated for air circulation to ensre your feet don’t smell after wearing the boots for long.
- The zipper is somewhat poor quality; it might stick after opening or closing.
Are you going on combat and are searching for the perfect rocky work boots for the mission? The Rocky S2V Tactical Military Boots make a great choice if you want convenience and durability. They are constructed sing flash and water-resistant leather so your feet are safe during flashes or when the rope burns. Furthermore, these boots have drainage vents that will push water out with every step you make.
The 1,000-Denier CORDURA nylon featured on the sides renders these boots perfect for military works. The panels also come with PTFE coating, which makes the boots flame retardant.
- The wicking Dri-Lex lining keeps your feet dry.
- The stretch LYCRA tongues provide enough feet grip so you move fast.
- The triple-stitched uppers and patented high-walled Vibram soles work alongside the perforated Air-Port cushion footbeds and PU midsoles for supreme comfort.
- These Rocky work boots come fitted with an Aegis Microbe Shield that keeps away bacteria and fungi.
- They are Berry Compliant.
- The lining is of low quality as it may wear out after only a few uses.
The Rocky Men’s S2V Predator Tactical Boots are made of leather and 1000D Cordura Nylon for guaranteed durability. This is made even better by the Dri-Lex lining that will wick off all the moisture (water or sweat) from your feet to keep them dry and comfy.
The S2V Sieve technology featured also facilitates enhanced water dispersal for wearing comfort. It also increases the breathability of your feet by about 300 percent as compared to the ordinary drain plugs.
These Rocky mountain boots have a Vibram sole that performs greatly under extreme conditions. You will also like the advanced S2V Sieve technology that promotes continuous air circulation and enables you to push water out as you walk.
These boots also come fitted with an air-port footbed that not only provides proper foot cushioning but also maintains air flow.
- The Cordura fabric used is tear, abrasion, and scuff resistant to make it high performing.
- The Vibram sole featured is flexible, longwearing, and lightweight for convenient use of the boot.
- Constructed with innovative drainage vents so you can quickly “walk-them-dry”.
- These Rocky mountain boots run small by about half or one size.
Are you a fascinated hunter who is looking for the best military boots designed specifically for hunting? If you are, then you might want these Rocky Outback boots. The upper part is made of superior quality full-grain leather that is high performance. It is soft enough for comfort but strong enough for durability.
The boots feature a lace-up design that you can readily adjust to enjoy a proper fit. They are made with a fully padded collar and tongue that will hug your feet for swift movement. This also keeps out debris that could otherwise slow you down.
These Rocky hunting boots also have a Gore-tex fabric incorporated in the construction to make them waterproof, breathable, and windproof.
The #8729 boots also come with a Rocky air-port footbed that is a polyurethane insert for shock absorption, cushioning, and air circulation.
- The outback rubber outsole offers adequate traction for comfort and swift movement on rough terrains.
- The moc-toe styling enhances comfort and keeps your feet dry.
- These boots are not waterproof.
These brown Rocky work boots come with the widest Oblique toe box in the industry. They are available in heights of 6″ and 8″, which means that you are sure to find the boot that you need.
They are constructed with Mobilite stability so you can walk fast even on rough grounds. Moreover, the rugged rubber outsole makes the boots slip resistant to ensure you don’t miss a step on wet or oily floors.
These Rocky work boots are also made with a protective steel toe and Rocky waterproof material so you can wear them on the toughest job.
Their high abrasion heel counter also enhances durability while making them a convenient choice for work.
- The Mobilite outsole is slip and abrasion resistant.
- It has a 3-density EVA midsole and rubber Mobilite outsole for durability.
- The insole cushion provides minimal support.
If you are looking for waterproof insulated multi-use military boots, these Rocky 9-inch boots are perfect for fishing, hunting, or other tough outdoor tasks.
They are constructed with a multi-directional blizzardstalker outsole that provides stability and an amazing traction. What’s more, they have 1200 grams of Cordura upper lined Thinsulate ultra insulation that keeps out water.
The boots further have a lace-up front so you can adjust them easily to enjoy a true fit.
- These Rocky military boots gave a molded foam-padded collar that enhances comfort while walking on rough terrains.
- They are the perfect boots when working in tough conditions.
- The lacing system is a bit difficult to secure.
The Rocky 9” Duty Boots are made with a breathable GORE-TEX fabric that will keep your feet dry. They feature the Goodyear welt construction that guarantees quality and durability. The Rocky hunting boots are simply built for durability since they are made using 100 percent leather.
The rubber outsole is oil and slip-resistant so you can comfortably work under tough conditions.
- They will grip the heel well enough to prevent unnecessary shifting while walking.
- The boots have a lace-up design so you can adjust them for proper fit.
- GORE-TEX fabric allows fast drying of sweat and any wetness on your feet.
- These Rocky mountain boots are not true to size.
Best Rocky Boots Buying Guide
Where are rocky boots manufactured?
The original rocky boots are manufactured in Wynne, Arkansas, USA. The Vibram® outsoles featured are made in Massachusetts while the laces are crafted in Portsmouth, Ohio.
Do Rocky Boots offer a military discount?
Rocky Boots do not seem to offer any military discount be it to veterans or active duty service members. However, you can enjoy discounts from various Rocky boot selling retailers.
What is this type of boot suited to?
The Rocky boot is suited for tough jobs since it is designed for protection and comfort. The boot features waterproof fabric and innovative drainage vents to push out the water as you walk. You can get a Rocky boot for hunting, fishing, or simply working. The outsole offers enough traction so you can walk quickly even on slippery terrain. The insole and lining are breathable to maintain air circulation for dry, sweat-free feet. You can get Rocky military boots, Rocky work boots, Rocky hunting boots, or Rocky mountain boots.
Why use this type of boot?
The Rocky boot is rugged and made for high-performance because it will keep your feet dry and comfy all the time. This means that people use this boot type for protective purposes as well as maneuverability when dealing with rough elements.
Features you want in this type of boot
A Rocky boot should have an air-port footbed that will keep your feet dry and sweat-free. This is because air circulation will be high, thus rendering the boot super comfy in the toughest conditions. The insole should be well cushioned while the collar and tongue are padded for extra comfort.
The design of your boot matters. You can go for a lace-up or a zippered closure system. Most users, however, complain about the zip system being hard to open or close. The lace-up system is most preferred since you can adjust it fast and easy for convenience when putting on or removing the Rocky boot.
The Rocky boot should have a polyurethane insert for shock absorption as you walk fast on rough terrain. The shoe contains 800 grams of 3M Thinsulate Ultra Insulation or 1200 grams of Cordura upper lined Thinsulate ultra insulation to keep your feet warm and dry.
The Gore-tex fabric, 100 percent leather, and CORDURA nylon are used in manufacturing the Rocky boot because they keep off water. This ensures that your feet are dry and comfy as you go about your task.