Buying a new pair of shoes can be pretty exciting. The more you wear the shoes, however, the more likely they are to wear out despite your attempts to care for them. Once the shoes have developed issues, will you just throw them out or try to repair them? Did you know that you can repair your shoes using just some glue? Most people do not know that it is possible to use shoe glue to fix a cracked sole, broken heel, or fix any torn part of a shoe. You don’t have to go to the cobbler because following the gluing instructions carefully will help you to produce durable results right from the comfort of your home.
The best glue for shoes and boots may vary from that of crafting, so it’s important to know what to look for prior to making any purchase decision.
Best Glue For Shoes And Boots – Comparison Table
|Product Name||Product Image||Features||Volume|
|Shoe-Fix Shoe Glue||Super flexible bond|
Suitable for a wide range of shoe types
|4.5 out of 5|
|Gear Aid Freesole Shoe Boot and Repair Adhesive||Reattach soles while making the toe caps super durable|
Efficiently rebuild workout heels
Made with a heavy-duty formula
|4.5 out of 5|
|The Last Glue||Works on a variety of materials|
Holds up really strong
Can hold temperatures of -65º to highs of 650º
|4.6 out of 5|
|Boot-Fix Shoe Glue||Glued bond within seconds|
Makes flexible shoe bonds
Repairs shoes and boots with a lasting bond
|4.6 out of 5|
|Eclectic Products Shoe Goo 3.7 FL Oz 4 Pack - Black||Repairing worn out shoe parts|
Also for waterproofing
Used for coating skateboards
|4.9 out of 5|
|Tuff Toe Boot Protector Guard Cover Dip||Easy to apply and readily bonds|
Flashpoint of 742° F
Stay intact at temperatures of over 500°F
|4.5 out of 5|
|E6000 237032 Craft Adhesive, 2 fl oz Clear||Maximum strength bond|
Applicator tip for convenient use
100 percent waterproof
|4.7 out of 5|
|Barge All Purpose Cement||Easy to spread|
100 percent waterproof formula
Ensures flexibility and durability
|4.6 out of 5|
|Aleene's 15594 Leather & Suede Glue 4oz||Glues up fast and effectively|
|4.3 out of 5|
|Fevibond Shoe Sole Glue 20ml||Right adhesive glue for a crafter|
Completely dry within 10 to 15 minutes
100 percent waterproof
|4.1 out of 5|
Why and When to use glue on shoes
Glue is used as an adhesive to hold two surfaces against each other. When your shoes are worn out but are repairable, the cobbler will use varying types of adhesives to fix them. It is imperative to note that different glue types are ideal for different shoe surfaces based on the material used to make the surface. The materials that are commonly used to make shoe surfaces include leather, plastic, rubber, vinyl, etc. You will also find glue for surfaces like ceramic, wood, and metal. The best glue for shoe soles has to be super flexible and able to create a strong bond that will eliminate the need for other repairs.
Besides fixing soles, glue is also used to boost abrasion resistance in shoes and fixing the durable toe caps. Moreover, you can use glue to rebuild heels as a way of increasing shock absorption in the shoes.
What types of glue are best for what types of shoes?
The types of glues for shoes depend on the formulating ingredient.
Epoxy is a type of glue used mostly by a crafter for repairing shoes and metal. Although it holds pretty strong, you need special care when applying on shoes because it can be a little brittle.
Urethane rubber is a type of glue used as a mold, sealant, or simply an adhesive. It is the best glue for shoe soles since it is heat resistant and waterproof. When you use it to fix damaged soles, it maintains the flexibility of the shoes.
This is the type of glue used on leather, rubber, polyurethane, plywood, wood, plastic polyurethane, thermal plastic rubber, and paper surfaces. It is the perfect all-purpose glue for repairing different shoes due to its ability to form a strong bond, dry fast, and its noncorrosive nature. Although it adheres well on most surfaces, it is most ideal for use on rubber soles.
This is one of the most common types of glue used on shoes because it dries instantly while creating permanent bonds. Unlike other types of glue, super glue is readily available in almost all hardware shops. It is mostly used to seal holes on soles. Whenever you are using super glue, however, make sure to put on hand gloves because its instant adhesiveness may affect your skin.
How to use glue on shoes
Using glue on shoes is quite simple because you begin by cleaning and drying them. Ensure that all the dirt and grease on the shoes is cleaned off. If you are repairing a sole or another large area, apply the glue on a single part before pressing the parts together and pulling it apart. Do this until the whole sole is reattached to your shoe. Once you press the parts, keep the large area apart for about 10 to 20 minutes. This allows the adhesive film to be almost dry before attaching.
Things to avoid
You should avoid washing your shoes often before or after applying glue. Make a habit of wiping the dirt and grease off rather than keeping the whole shoe in water.
Avoid over-wearing the shoes since their durability will be lower. These tips apply to all shoes; not those being glued only.
Always ensure that your shoes are clean whether they need to be repaired or not. Once you apply a glue, keep the shoes aerated whenever you are not wearing them. This will prevent them from being damp and allow the glue to remain stiff. It is imperative to note that the best glue for shoe soles may not be appropriate for fixing heels or upper leather parts.
The Best Glue for Shoes Mini-Reviews
Are you looking for an adhesive shoe glue that will achieve professional strength and flexibility? If you are, Shoe-fix glue could be your best bet. It is the best glue for shoe soles because it will not clamp, thicken, or expand upon application.
- It will re-attach your sole while creating a super flexible bond.
- You can use it safely on rubber and vinyl footwear, which makes it suitable for a wide range of shoe types
- It is specially formulated for creating durable bonds.
- Its smell might be a little pungent for some users.
This Aquaseal SR is not only suitable for repairing shoes but also adding abrasion resistance, fix durable toe caps, and rebuilding heels with the aim of enhancing shock absorption.
It is made with a patented urethane rubber formula that boosts its resistance to chemicals, abrasion, and temperature changes.
- Will effectively reattach soles while making the toe caps super durable.
- It will efficiently rebuild workout heels.
- It’s made with a heavy-duty formula that makes it tough and flexible for permanent results.
- You can use this glue on all types of shoes and work boots.
- You may need to hold it for longer to dry after application.
Are you tired of using ordinary glues for shoes that tend to dry out fast? If you are, you need to get The Last Glue because it comes with a 1-year #mygluedoenstgethard guarantee. It may be the best glue for shoe soles thanks to its durable results.
- This glue works on a variety of materials including wood, metal, glass, leather, and ceramic.
- The Last Glue is able to hold up to low temperatures of -65º to highs of 650º.
- Once you get The Last Glue, you will enjoy a 30-day money back guarantee if you don’t find it satisfactory.
- It holds up really strong with a pressure of about 5,000psi.
- It may leave behind a cloudy stain wherever it is applied.
This instant professional grade glue might be your best deal if you are looking to repair your shoes urgently. Once fixed, the bond will be stronger while the shoes remain flexible all through. Upon application, it will neither expand nor thicken like the regular shoe glues.
- It creates a glued bond within seconds, and you won’t have any clamping.
- It makes flexible shoe bonds despite the changes in temperature or presence of moisture.
- You can comfortably use this glue on rubber and vinyl shoe parts, and it will hold effectively.
- Repairs shoes and boots with a lasting bond, thus boosting your confidence as you move around.
- It may not hold firmly in some shoes.
The Shoe GOO glue was formulated for tennis players because dragging their shoe toes causes the part to wear out fast. With it, you can fix your shoes quickly so they can remain in your closet. If you love your shoes more, you can coat them with this glue to protect them against wear.
- You can use it not only for repairing worn out shoe parts but also for waterproofing.
- It is effective for fishing shoes and foul weather gear.
- This glue will fix rubber boots, galoshes, and waders in seconds with long lasting results.
- It is used for coating skateboards for additional traction.
- It may not hold under severe conditions like rough weather.
This glue will help you repair all types of shoes and make them waterproof. It will increase the use-life of your work boots up to 3 times because it strengthens shoes meant for rugged use. With it, you will be getting enhanced abrasion resistance and better flexibility.
- It is easy to apply and readily bonds with all kinds of work shoes and surfaces like wood, leather, rubber, steel, vinyl, etc.
- With a flashpoint of 742° F, this glue will stay intact at temperatures of over 500°F, thus making it ideal for electricians, welders, firemen, etc.
- It makes non-steel toes stiffer and is suitable for all types of footwear.
- It is made with materials of a superior grade.
- It may peel off some shoe materials.
This might be the best glue for shoes and boots since its made in USA. Upon application, you have about 5 minutes to reset the shoe accordingly before the glue can dry. Once cured, it dries white, allowing you to paint the area.
- This glue forms a maximum strength bond with complete curing being achieved for 24-72 hours.
- It comes with an applicator tip for convenient use.
- It is non-conductive hence suitable for use in electric fields. It is also 100 percent waterproof.
- If your hands come into contact with the glue or you apply excess on the work surface, you can readily clean it out.
- You cannot use this glue on a cloth.
If you are looking for the best all-purpose adhesive in the market, Barge Cement might be the product for you. It can also be suitable for industrial use since a single coat delivers the strongest bond.
- It is easy to spread since it is non-smearing.
- It is a 100 percent waterproof formula that ensures flexibility and durability.
- It holds securely so you don’t need stitching or nails on wood, leather, vinyl or whichever other material.
- This is a general purpose adhesive that provides industrial strength to bonds of wood, glass, metal, leather, etc.
- It may not hold soles for shoes like heels effectively.
This nontoxic adhesive formula will permanently create bonds on different surfaces like leather, suede, fringes, and beadwork. However, it is more suited for leather works repair. Once dry, it stays clear and the shoes will remain flexible.
- It will repair shoes, boots, belts, purses, as well as other leather materials.
- It glues up fast and effectively.
- It is non-conductive hence suitable for use in electric fields.
- This glue is super flexible even in harsh conditions because it is temperature resistant.
- It is only ideal for dry-cleanable leather.
Do you have an item with a leather, rubber, rexine, canvas, and cork surface that needs repair? If you do, then you might want to get the Fevibond Shoe Sole Glue that will efficiently hold the surface.
- This is the right adhesive glue for a crafter because crafters work with varying surfaces.
- It will completely dry within 10 to 15 minutes and the patch is clear.
- The 20ml-bottle will be enough for repairing several workout surfaces.
- It is 100 percent waterproof so you can repair shoes and boots being used in rough conditions.
- This glue may not hold when used on some shoes like sports shoes.